Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Petite Purses

Having way to much fun with these!



I used Melon Mambo and did a faux crocodile skin technique.
To get the crocodile skin look I took my versa mark ink pad and pressed it everywhere I wanted the effect to be.  I then used crystal clear embossing powder covering all of the versa mark ink.  I then took a toothpick or you can use anything with a dull point like a stylus and made my lines. Make sure to wipe off all excess of ink and embossing powder off of you tool before starting a new line.  After making all of the lines use your heat tool to set clear embossing powder.  I used 3/4" circle punch for all four bottom corners.  I suggest forming your conners first before inking and embossing.  You can't see it from this picture but I also have 4 black brads on the bottom of this purse.  I love this effect!

The other purse I used Timeless Portrait DSP and black card stock.  I made a second purse with the black CS and then just cut out the pieces I wanted to use.  I added the stitching with a white gel pen.  I used basic black ribbon taffeta over a piece of black CS for the handle and secured with to 2 vintage brads and an Antique brad for the front.
Idea is from Lynda's quiet time blog.