Monday, June 16, 2014

Vintage Baseball Baby Shower Card


I have a Mommy-to-be friend who is doing the adorable theme of vintage baseball in her son's nursery.  The baby shower theme matched the room to a tee.  So cute! So of course I wanted to come up with a cute card for the gift.  After doing a little bit of searching I found a couple of ideas and went with it.  Here is my version of the baseball card. I wanted a vintage look so I used very vanilla and sponged crumb cake over it.  Using the vanilla gave it that old warn clay look like an old baseball. The picture doesn't do it justice!






Ingredients:
Stamp Sets: Alphabet Rotary, Sweetest Gift
CS - Very Vanilla, Real Red, Night of Navy
Ink - Night of Navy, Crumb Cake,
Markers - Basic Black
Punches - Chevron
Framelits - Stars
Envelope maker
Plate for drawing the black line
Sponges