Saturday, February 9, 2013

Kids Valentines with Heart Crayons

Kids Valentines with Heart Crayons

For this valentines day I wanted to come up with something very easy for the kids to make to give their friends for valentines day instead of candy.  Here is what I came up with.  I got the template for the valentines from remarkablycreated.com and printed them out.  The kids and I then melted some crayons down and formed them into hearts.  We choose to melt lighter colors for the girls and darker colors for the boys. I will post in another post how we melted them.  These valentines were very easy for them to make almost all by themselves and they came out very cute.  My worry now is that their friends won't realize that the hearts are crayons and not icky tasting candy! 








Ingredients:
CS: Pink Pirouette, Island Indigo, Daffodil Delight
Ribbon: Pink Pirouette grosgrain
Punch: the star from Merry Minis
Silicon heart mold tray
crayons
Clear envelopes