Saturday, February 2, 2013

More Amore class projects


More Amore class projects.
What a fun night we had! I had more girls then normal which was a blast and I got to meet my newest recruit Kathy! Who also is having her first party today! WHOOT WHOOT!
To be honest wednesday day all day I was worrying how class would go since I decided to change it up a bit by setting up stations for each project. With a larger number of girls I thought it would work better that way and it did!  No one was waiting for anything and no seemed to mind moving from table to table which was my biggest concern. Everyone seemed to enjoy the projects and I would love to see them back for this months class. 
For this card I thought I would do a lot of layering to show how effective it is.


Ingredients:
CS -  real red, basic gray
DSP - More Amore
Ink - pool party, primrose petals, basic gray
Framelits - hearts a flutter, bitty banners
Ribbon - 5/8" crochet trim, 1/8" taffeta very vanilla
basic designer buttons
Stamp Sets - Hearts a Flutter, Itty Bitty Banners


Our second project was a fun little project that I got from Pinterest posted by Heidi Boos.
It's a pull up sweetheart candy box. 


Cut CS to 6-3/4" x 3-1/4"
Cut DSP to 6" x 1-1/2"
score cs at 5/8", 3", 3-3/4" and 6-1/8"
Cut ribbon to 15", wrap around the length of the box and then double knot on the top.
Snip the tops of the ribbon in a "V". 
Place a piece of sticky strip on one end of the scored cs.
Wrap the card stock around the box and adhere together on the side.
Wrap the dsp around the middle of the candy box with the two sides that don't meet up in the front. Add embellishments to the front to cover up the dsp not meeting up in the middle. 
(Heidi figured this would maximize the full 12x12 sheet of DSP, great idea)
Ingredients:
CS - primrose petals, very vanilla
Ink - primrose petals, basic gray
DSP - more amore
Stamp Set - Hearts a Flutter, Pretty Petites
Punch - Petite Curly Label 
Framelit - Hearts a Flutter
Rhinestone - Basic Jewels
Ribbon - 1-1/4" Two Tone Basic Gray/ Basic Black

We did 1 more project that I still need to take a pic of so I will be posting that one a little later.
Thanks for stopping by!